Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bon Voyage!


I know that you all thought we should have left a long time ago, but we have been very busy preparing.  However, it is time.  We are set to leave my mom's house in Bailey, Colorado in about an hour in a half to head for the airport. There is nothing like staying up all night before a long drive and flight.  We still aren't bound for Nicaragua quite yet, though.  We will be visiting Patrick's dad and stepmom in Tulum, Mexico for a little R&R before our six month vacation.  I know, we have a rough life.  I swear we will be working very hard volunteering, though.

Our bags are packed, but they are a little big.  I almost toppled over backwards when I first put mine on.  It weighs about 1/3 of my body weight, and Patrick's is weighing in at a solid 50 pounds, not including his 20-pound carry on.  As you can see from the photo Dustin shot of us on his iPhone, he's hoping it will be a soccer player.  I am hoping he doesn't add anything last minute or else he will have to pull his little foot-under-the-bag trick at the airport to save us the overweight fee.  

Stay tuned for our next update.  We will try to keep things interesting and as humorous as possible, and please post comments at the bottom of the page. Until next time . . .


14 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm subscribed and can't wait to share your journey!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo! I am excited for you and to live vicariously through you. You cut your hair too!! Keep us updated. You are amazing.

Tina

Erin Seaton said...

You two are living my dream! Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.

Sheryl said...

Have fun and travel safe. Say hola to Nicaragua for me and I look forward to making it into the blog pages next July when you make it to Oz! Til then< i look forward to reading...

Anonymous said...

I too will be living vicariosly through you. I am so excited for you guys! Love your hair Melissa!

Piper said...

Good luck you all! Nice packing job:P As long as there's no kitchen sink in there...

I'll be checking the blog for sure and am so excited for both of you!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am SO EXCITED for you guys! I seriously love that you are doing a blog with some pics too! It's what I'll be doing in my spare time :) Thanks for the updates! I'm looking forward to living vicariously through the two of you! YEAY!

Patrick and Melissa said...

Thanks for all the messages everyone! It is nice that we can communicate back and forth about this. I know the packing job is not great . . . but we will cut down for the second part of the trip. And, as for the hair, it is shorter (usually a little cuter too), but this was a day at home packing. Talk to you all soon!
Melissa

Danica said...

Hi you two! You guys are to cute! I love the pics form Mexico. What a beautiful beach! Your dad has it rough Pat! I miss you guys already but I am loving the updates! The littles are getting bigger every day! Be safe and send more pics when you can. I love you guys. Pani Pot

rjasper said...

I dont know who you people are and why you keep sending me emails and pictures for yourselves. it is kinda creepy! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! FREAKS! Drink the water! Lots of "the" water!!
Cheers
Regan

Shelly said...

It is so great to see your dream come true. I am incredibly excited for you and bursting with pride at all you've accomplished. It will be fun to be a part of your adventure. Live in the moment and breathe it all in!
Hugs!
Mom S

Mike said...

I love the blog guys! It's great we can follow you on your trip. Be safe and have a great time!! We look forward to hearing about your adventures.

suzyfay said...

Hey this is from Mom - if I haven't told you lately - I am so proud of the two of you! Enjoy - Learn, Share, Contribute, be Safe - love Mom (Suzy)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog...I hope that you are having a great time and everything is going well. Let's keep in touch and I will see you guys soon.

Love you both!
Devon